pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in



Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> SOUP [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:31 pm
boku


Posts: 45
Location: UNION CITY

HELLO FELLOW ANGLERS,

LOOKING FOR A RECIPE FOR FISH SOUP!ANY RECIPE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THX IN ADVANCE

_________________
PEACE
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:58 pm
frozendog


Posts: 1609
Location: SLO County

Here is the link to my fish soup recipe. It's on the bottom of page two.

http://www.pierfishing.com/msgboard/viewtopic.php?t=7321

_________________
"Mrs. Kittyfish, we'll just drive up to one more point, it's just a couple miles further, and look at the rocks. No more, I promise"
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:34 pm
boku


Posts: 45
Location: UNION CITY

frozendog wrote:
Here is the link to my fish soup recipe. It's on the bottom of page two.

http://www.pierfishing.com/msgboard/viewtopic.php?t=7321
THX AGAIN FG (FROZEN DOG)
_________________
PEACE
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:46 pm
igorkl


Posts: 133
Location: SF

I like to have regular vegetables soup (carrot, potato, bay leaf and etc) and I add fish 30 minutes before the end.

You can do it with any fish.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:47 pm
boku


Posts: 45
Location: UNION CITY

igorkl wrote:
I like to have regular vegetables soup (carrot, potato, bay leaf and etc) and I add fish 30 minutes before the end.

You can do it with any fish.
HEY IGOKL,
UR RIGHT JUST USE UR IMAGINATION. THX

_________________
PEACE
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:10 am
IRPescador


Posts: 697
Location: Vallejo, CA

This is the way I do it:

Saute chopped onion and tomatoes in a pot, once this softens I add what ever veggies I want in my soup (carrots, potatoes and zucchini, give it a little time to "brown" them, then I add water, shrimp bullion and 1-2 chipotle chiles (the ones in "adobo" sauce not the dry ones), once the veggies are close to be done I add the fish and let it all finish cooking together. I garnish it with chopped onion and cilantro...squeeze some lime and chase it with a "Negra Modelo" Very Happy

_________________
"Wilderness to the people of America is a spiritual necessity, an antidote to the high pressure of modern life, a means of regaining serenity and equilibrium."
- Sigurd Olson
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:05 am
MsCMSchultz


Posts: 1287
Location: BUIDB: "Thats a great shot of a pier from the beach."

IRPescador wrote:
This is the way I do it:

Saute chopped onion and tomatoes in a pot, once this softens I add what ever veggies I want in my soup (carrots, potatoes and zucchini, give it a little time to "brown" them, then I add water, shrimp bullion and 1-2 chipotle chiles (the ones in "adobo" sauce not the dry ones), once the veggies are close to be done I add the fish and let it all finish cooking together. I garnish it with chopped onion and cilantro...squeeze some lime and chase it with a "Negra Modelo" Very Happy


IMA TRY THIS ONE!!!

Here is another, and I can't credit it cuz i have been doing this for years and changed it up all along:

Mediterranean fish stew

cut your fish into your understanding of chunks for fish soup, place in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and let stand for an hour or so.

Meanwhile, in your soup pot, heat up some olive/veg oil and saute in it sliced onions and garlic. After sauteed to your liking, add either canned diced tomatoes, or stew into the pot fresh, diced tomatoes until either heated through or soft. Sprinkle in some basil, oregano and drop in a bay leaf.

Let it come to a gentle boil, and keep at a high simmer. Rinse your fish, and add to pot--and let simmer till done, maybe 10-15 minutes, depending on the type of fish. (it's better to have undercooked rather than overcooked fish)

Serve with crusty bread or garlic bread.

_________________
My Absolutely Adorable @$$!



Artist, GretchDragon
TY, Gretch!
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:09 am
MsCMSchultz


Posts: 1287
Location: BUIDB: "Thats a great shot of a pier from the beach."

Southeast Asian Inspired Fish Soup

I also have a more complex recipe for a Southeast Asian style soup that originally calls for shrimp, but works well with other types of protein.

it's hot/sour/sweet/salty and involves pineapple, tomatoes, bean sprouts, basil, coriander, mushrooms, garlic.

if anyone is interested, i will post it later--i am not where i can access it. Wink

_________________
My Absolutely Adorable @$$!



Artist, GretchDragon
TY, Gretch!
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Display posts from previous:   
Jump to: