pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Anyone ever fish Point Sal area? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:52 am
RobF

Going to be down that way in a couple weeks. Looks like possible good rock fishing from shore, but it's not clear how to access the area. Anyone have any experience there?

Thanks,
Rob
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:49 pm
santa

Road washed out years ago and it's a LONG several miles hike to beach from locked gate at ranch on west end of Brown Rd. off hwy 1 n. of Guadalupe. Rocks are probably good now due to low impact but you're gonna have a heck ova hike. Shorter hike (still 2-3 miles down beach and over hills) you can walk south from beach parking lot at end of hwy 166/Main St. off hwy 1 west of Guadalupe. I fished there YEARS ago when I was a kid for Ling, Cabs, Abalone (yup we use ta be able) and don't overlook some monster barred surf perch with sand crabs.
Remember you can only fish beach north of Pt. Sal. beach parking lot as everything south of there is Vandenberg A.F.B. property and you'll get an m-16 screwed into your ear.
Good luck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:01 pm
RobF

Thanks a lot Santa. That's exactly what I was looking for. It was unclear from what I read elsewhere on the web exactly where the road was closed. Looks like about 3-4 miles from the parking lot to Pt Sal along the beach, but I bet it might be worth spending a day out there. I'll let you know if I can motivate others in my group to take a little hike.

Rob
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:06 am
CatchinKelp

... So have you guys fished there since? How'd ya do? I am thinking of giving it a shot.

"Let the waters roar, Jack"
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:44 pm
RobF

Never made it down there.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:34 am
muttfishr

My Buddy and I fished point Sal on the 29th of Dec. only it was on the other side of the breakers! (he,he,he,) Lots a lings, my personal best red, somebody even caught about a 15lb Salmon "released". I was wondering about that stretch of shoreline, could ya maybe motivate down the beach on Quads? to get there? I Wonder...mutt.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:15 pm
santa

Usta-could about 30 yrs ago. Now no vehicles of any kind allowed on that stretch of beach. Vehicles can only travel south on the beach from Oceano ramp to a point about 1/4 mi. north of the mouth of Oso Flaco creek. Large metal posts and fencing across beach into surf stops you there. Fly over using google earth and you'll see what I mean.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:55 pm
CatchinKelp

I am going to give it a shot as soon as ling season is open.

"Let the waters roar, Jack"
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: