pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Berkeley Pier 6-1-08 [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:36 pm
Sharkman20

Today me and the gf and roommate got up at 3am to leave from Sacramento to head to the pier to do some halibut fishing. We got there around 5:30 and picked up some live bait at the dock and walked out to the end of the pier. The weather was really nice...sunny and warm with only a little wind. There was a minus tide this morning so we fished the incoming until about 10:45 or so. Had to head in early since me and my gf had work this afternoon. Gave away the remainder of my bait to the other guys that were fishing at the end. None of the 4 rods in my group got any action today, but one person who showed up a little later landed a nice 24 incher. Definately a lot slower than what I saw on friday. So, no luck in catching my first hali today but I'll be back there again next friday and probably sunday as well. I'll get em one of these times. lol
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:52 pm
Ken Jones

At least you got out there. I was stuck in Lodi again and I'm getting tired of it.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:13 pm
jettyjockey

Here is a picture of a nice 37 inch hali caught yesterday.

DSC00301.JPG
 Description:
I'm also testing attaching pics to my entries, so, here it is....
 Filesize:  50.87 KB
 Viewed:  7514 Time(s)

DSC00301.JPG

Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 pm
jgy

Sharkman20 wrote:
Today me and the gf and roommate got up at 3am to leave from Sacramento to head to the pier to do some halibut fishing. We got there around 5:30 and picked up some live bait at the dock and walked out to the end of the pier. The weather was really nice...sunny and warm with only a little wind. There was a minus tide this morning so we fished the incoming until about 10:45 or so. Had to head in early since me and my gf had work this afternoon. Gave away the remainder of my bait to the other guys that were fishing at the end. None of the 4 rods in my group got any action today, but one person who showed up a little later landed a nice 24 incher. Definately a lot slower than what I saw on friday. So, no luck in catching my first hali today but I'll be back there again next friday and probably sunday as well. I'll get em one of these times. lol

i think i remember seeing you. i was the one who caught the 24" 20 min after arriving. unfortunately, that was my only one. but my cousing caught one around 4:30. attached is a pic of the 24"er

20080601Halibut3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.88 KB
 Viewed:  7496 Time(s)

20080601Halibut3.jpg

Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:56 pm
Sharkman20

Haha yea that was me. Congrats on the fish. Wish I could have stayed longer but oh well. Maybe I'll see you guys out there next weekend.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:18 am
jgy

Sharkman20 wrote:
Haha yea that was me. Congrats on the fish. Wish I could have stayed longer but oh well. Maybe I'll see you guys out there next weekend.

Thanks! I'll probably see you around. My cousin should be there next week, but I'll be in Oahu next week fishing. Smile

See you next time
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:45 am
Sharkman20

That should be nice. Hey do you know who the guy was with the red bicycle? I have a feeling he is from around the forums too but I didn't ask.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:54 am
bassmanben

I think i'll go out next saturday. anyone want to split bait?
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:42 pm
soundgood

here is the hali that jgy mentioned earlier. this was caught around 4:30 ish
forty five minutes before we left the pier, it was a little over 23", i guess
i got lucky.[url][/url]

hali.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.69 KB
 Viewed:  7151 Time(s)

hali.jpg

Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:05 pm
Sharkman20

Nice, at least ya got one. Anyone else going to go out there friday or sunday? Maybe we can get a bbq going or something. lol
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: