pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Pictures..... [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:23 am
illcatchanything2

3. Deliberately altering photos detracts from the informational and educational aspects of PFIC. And while we acknowledge and respect angler's efforts to guard their "secret spots," anglers are encouraged to frame photographs in such a way that either their locations are not betrayed by the photograph, or (preferably), shared in the benevolent spirit of the pier and shore fishing fraternity.... But not altered.

The same conditions apply to altering appearances. Anglers unwilling to show their face in the picture should not include a personal image. Do not simply erase facial images; such pictures will be removed. As always, editorial license is retained by management and moderators, and any photo can be removed with or without cause.

The above is direct from the forum rules. After recent problems with this on some threads, I thought I would post a short message on how to post a picture while still keeping yourself or those fishing with you private.

Of course, the best way to do it is to just show a picture of the fish. This is easy.... Just take a pic of the fish on the ground or even while you are holding it, without getting your face in the pic.

Of course, sometimes you may want to have pictures of yourself/others with the fish for your own use/enjoyment. In that case, you can crop the picture so that the faces/people no longer show, but the fish do. NOTE- cropping a picture is not the same as altering it by blotting out the faces/background/whatever. This is easy to do. I am not a computer guru, and even I can do it Smile. Personally, I just use the "paint" program that is pre-loaded on most PC's.

How I do it:

1) right click on the picture & when the menu comes up choose open with, then from the other menu choose paint.

2) From the paint menu choose the rectangle that is up in the left hand corner.

3) Draw the box starting below the faces (or what you want to crop out) continue drawing the box until what you want shown appears inside the lines

4) Press the "crop" button.

5) VERY IMPORTANT- at this point nothing has been saved yet. when you go to save the picture, DO NOT press the disk icon, instead choose "save as", then rename the file. The you will have your original, and also a new file that you can post.

I am sure there are easier ways to do this, but this works for me. If anyone else who is more computer savvy knows a better way, feel free to post it. If you have done it right, you will have a picture like the one below that shows your catch while still keeping you or your buddines private.

ICA2

tad_alaksa_days_catch.jpg
 Description:
A picture that I did the above process to on another thread. Its a cool picture that shows the catch.
 Filesize:  77.18 KB
 Viewed:  10019 Time(s)

tad_alaksa_days_catch.jpg

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: