pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Redondo Sportfishing Pier 4/27 [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:00 pm
kelpangler

Decided to hit up Redondo Sportfishing Pier with my daughter today. Made the extra trip down to San Pedro to pick up the good stuff... ghost shrimp! (BTW, Paul's Bait and Tackle is under new management but everything still looks the same.) Got to the pier around 10:30am and it was already pretty hot with the forecast high in the mid-90s. Also ran into Thomas (noviceboy) who jumped on the Redondo Special half-day boat. (He won the JP the day before with a nice lingcod and was looking to score again. How'd ya do?)

I brought a couple light spinning setups with 8# and 10# test, carolina rigged with 1/2 oz. sinkers, 12# fluoro, and a #4 circle hook on one and a 1/0 kahle on the other. Started it off with a good-sized sargo and a legal sheephead, both perfectly mouth hooked (circle). Ended with a couple senorita, both foul hooked on the kahle (stomach and tail). I encouraged my daughter to reel each one in, but she squirmed away each time and apparently didn't want any part of it. Even while taking pictures she was freaked out. Weird since she had no problem playing with the ghost shrimp and with throwing them into the water. Smile

Left around 1pm because it was way too hot and the little one was suffering from the heat. Gave the rest of the ghost shrimp to the couple next to me and hit the road. Here are a couple pics (bad quality because it was a disposable):

Sargo (Mina hiding behind me)

Sheephead (She's warming up a bit)

Quality time
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:50 pm
riorust

Looks like you and Mina had a good time. I was down there with my daughter today also (we walked both piers ) .... I am sorry we missed you two. We ended up renting a skiff for a few hours and exploring the harbor before going swimming.
See you at the CH GTG !
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:56 pm
Mahigeer

Eugene,
Thanks for the call to meet you there. Sorry I could not make it. I will go there tomorrow to empty the bin. It looks full. Nice sheephead. They taste grrrrreat.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:49 am
kelpangler

riorust wrote:
Looks like you and Mina had a good time. I was down there with my daughter today also (we walked both piers ) .... I am sorry we missed you two. We ended up renting a skiff for a few hours and exploring the harbor before going swimming.
See you at the CH GTG !
Darn, too bad we missed each other. As soon as Mina hits 5 I'm gonna take her out on the kayak!

HASHEM NAHID wrote:
Eugene,
Thanks for the call to meet you there. Sorry I could not make it. I will go there tomorrow to empty the bin. It looks full. Nice sheephead. They taste grrrrreat.
Yeah, as you can see the bin is getting LOTS of use--filled to the brim. We should work to get those on landings... BTW, did you see that picture in the shop of the 30+ lb. sheephead that was caught? O.o John says there's another big one swimming around the harbor...
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:38 am
Mahigeer

That was what I was telling you about. I may go there today if I can to clean the bin. I will ask the bait shop if they rather to have the lock off so they can empty it.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:19 pm
polishfromthedeep

Looks fun, it's always good to take the kids out and fish...
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: