pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
>> PFIC Fishing Club #4 San Francisco Piers & Peninsula [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:11 pm
CRASS

true that, or somewhere way more sheltered. unfortunately most of my thoughts turn to San Fran

كافر
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:37 pm
gomester1

CRASS wrote:
true that, or somewhere way more sheltered. unfortunately most of my thoughts turn to San Fran

You ever fished Pier 7? I heard it can be pretty good at times and is open 24 hrs.
How is the safety in the area? Any ideas?
Also has anybody heard of any reports from out there lately?
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:54 pm
scooterfish

my $.02... Old thread/My take on pier 7,from way back in '04...

http://www.pierfishing.com/msgboard.old/pfmb_archives.mv?SearchDatabase=0&viewid=190878

Expect heavy current during tide movement... if you can plant your bait on the bottom, their are some big fish possible here... Pretty safe when I used to fish there (with BigRich!)... Usually a bunch of mostly harmless skaters at the base of the pier.

Scoot
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:30 pm
scooterfish

Also, FWIW, Pier 2/Ferry Building pier can be a good option when conditions are nasty windwise. The pier sits right on top of the BART tubes that go under the bay, and on a cold night you can stand above them and get a nice rush of warm air when the trains pass underneath... I met BigRich at that pier one night, many years ago.

scoot
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:38 pm
CRASS

yeah, ferry building is the spot. ive gotten way more action there, than 7. usually pretty calm 24-7, too.

كافر
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:38 am
gomester1

CRASS wrote:
yeah, ferry building is the spot. ive gotten way more action there, than 7. usually pretty calm 24-7, too.

You want to hit that up on friday then?
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:03 am
illcatchanything2

Pier 7 is a great pier for scenery. It is also one of the newer piers in the area. Fishing wise, I have not had a lot of luck there (although I am most likely as we speak in a very nice German couples vacation photo album holding up a bullhead Smile )..... Safety wise, theres no problem. The skaters at the base are cool & the guys that sleep at the end wont bother you (except maybe to bum a smoke, if you smoke). Ken, RedFish & myself filmed a segment of "Hookin Up with Mariko Izumi" (aired on World Fishing Network), a while back, and the guys who live on the end of the pier took the macks caught that day and went somewhere and had them fried up & brought them back with hot & sour sauce.....

For fish though, the Ferry building would do you better.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:01 pm
CRASS

You cant beat the scenery at the ferry building, either.

ive taken TOO many photos there. lol

كافر
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:24 am
flipback1976

FastLikANasCaR wrote:
I hope its not crowded! Don't worry I'm sures there will be plenty of room. Most guys who notice these kind of thing don't bait fish. Don't forgot to bring extra ghost shrimp. Or "should I say" smelt? Wink

You know someone told me smelt works pretty good out there you might even catch a sturgeon lol Smile...So I hear...Good luck to you guys tonight where ever you end up at.Wish I could join you guys.
flip....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:55 pm
surfsamurai

flipback1976 wrote:
FastLikANasCaR wrote:
I hope its not crowded! Don't worry I'm sures there will be plenty of room. Most guys who notice these kind of thing don't bait fish. Don't forgot to bring extra ghost shrimp. Or "should I say" smelt? Wink

You know someone told me smelt works pretty good out there you might even catch a sturgeon lol Smile...So I hear...Good luck to you guys tonight where ever you end up at.Wish I could join you guys.
flip....

Hey flipback, I was flipping out when I saw the pix of you holding that huge dinno last Friday night...

Tim texted to me in very next day before your report... he also commented that you got the monster on 15 lbs mono as you said on the report. That's awesome, brother! A BIG and huge congrats to you... but on a live smelt? You're breaking the natural law of fishin' out there, bro... WTG!

Hope that it doesn't cause too much traffic out there for you guys after the report... BP, right? Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:11 pm
flipback1976

surfsamurai wrote:
flipback1976 wrote:
FastLikANasCaR wrote:

flip....

Hey flipback, I was flipping out when I saw the pix of you holding that huge dinno last Friday night...

Tim texted to me in very next day before your report... he also commented that you got the monster on 15 lbs mono as you said on the report. That's awesome, brother! A BIG and huge congrats to you... but on a live smelt? You're breaking the natural law of fishin' out there, bro... WTG!

Hope that it doesn't cause too much traffic out there for you guys after the report... BP, right? Wink

Thanks and yeah of course it was BP Wink.......

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:07 am
Louis

thinking about doing some surf fishing on tuesday for some my first ever striper action and perch action mainly because the swell is going to be too high in carmel my usual spot. Anyone want to join? im thinking of bean hallow/pescadero
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:40 pm
CRASS

id be super down, but i dont think tues will work for me.

gimme a little more notice next time yer thinkin of goin,im always down to hit the surf.

كافر
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:37 am
oceanexprt

hi guys,
i'm new to fishing and to pfic. mind if i join you guys sometime to go fishing? piers, surf, or just about anywhere.
thank you.
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:02 pm
CRASS

More the merrier, man. might head out somewhere friday.

كافر
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
Page 4 of 7  Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to: