pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
>> PFIC Fishing Club #3 Monterey CG Pier & Peninsula [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:34 am
la mosca

MBay wrote:
Sin_Coast wrote:
Dan, I accept your nomination with 2 caveats: no background checks and no drug tests LOL.

Our first official Meeting is Wednesday, March 23rd @ 5pm on Marina state beach. To the left of the prkng lot if you arrive late. Target species will be barred surfperch with a chance for striper or halibut. If the ocean is really rough, we'll move the location closer to Monterey like at the Beach Hotel or something, but I'll be sure to post an update in advance if that happens.

Batrays aren't normally caught from the mid-bay beaches. Perhaps closer to Monterey or closer to Santa Cruz. Every now and then, we get a huge run of rays @ Wharf 2 in Monterey. And they also frequent Elkhorn Slough near Moss Landing, but otherwise we don't catch very many of them.

is this right? or is it suppose to be 5 AM?

I hope it's 5PM Mbay, or else I'll still be under the covers at 5am Laughing
I will be down to fish in the AM some time later, when we start hearing that Stripers are hittin' at dawn. Until then I am sticking to 5PM, or anytime after work.
paz,
~D.

Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:49 am
muttfishr

Its early wednesday, hope you boys catch a break in the weather for your first meetin this afternoon, Im wishin ya'all the best of luck!...mutt.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:10 am
paddio

muttfishr wrote:
Its early wednesday, hope you boys catch a break in the weather for your first meetin this afternoon, Im wishin ya'all the best of luck!...mutt.
Not looking good for weather, but I still hope to at least swing by and say "Hi".
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:18 am
Sin_Coast

Ya, I'm still planning to hit the beach after work. I'll get there between 5-5:15ish. The area to the left of the prkng lot has been good to me in the past. See ya'll there! Dan I have your net.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:29 am
dpshim

Pat, I will also be there the same time ya get there. I'll see ya out there brother and anyone else Smile
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:24 am
fishfinder831

im going to sit this one out guys good luck out there dont get wet!!! next week... next week...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:10 am
surfsamurai

What about PHAT BUGER AND SWEET POTATO FRIES, gentlemen? Razz
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:35 am
dpshim

Hyung, if you do come down I will get you some phat burger and sweet potato fries Very Happy
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:52 pm
Sin_Coast

Getting ready to leave work. It's been raining all day. Hopefully the wind isn't too bad. We shall see. It might be a quick session/mtg...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:50 pm
paddio

As Secretary/Treasurer, I release the following minutes:

March 23, 2011, 5:00pm
Marina State Beach
Attendees: Sin_Coast, la mosca, Dpshim & Paddio

No fishing, blown out by wind and high tide. Decided Wednesday PM's will be regular meetings. You will need to check the board to see the location. Could be anywhere from Surf Way (Del Monte Beach) all the way to Marina State Beach. Perch, stripers and halis will be the target species.

Dpshim got a new net from Sin_Coast. He likes it, but it may not be big enough (I like his positive thinking).

Sin_ Coast is looking for an 18" starry flounder to win AOY award. Paddio told him where to look even though he knew already. Silly me.

We talked about "nice" fish entering the Bay and some great fishing spots. Sorry guys, you have to attend the meetings to get those details.

That's all for now. Meeting #1 in the books!!!
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:50 pm
GasMaster

Thanks for the meeting minutes of the first official Monterey Chapter PFIC group gathering. Sorry the weather wasn't favorable this afternoon. I was planning on joining you guys but got caught up at work.

Hopefully I'll be able see you all at meeting #2. Maybe next time the weather will be more cooperative.

-GM
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:19 am
dsch2251

Good stuff guys! I will be coming, but I got a last minute invite to the Sharks game yesterday. Free ticket, couldn't pass it up. Sorry you didn't get to fish.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:15 am
dpshim

Thanks Mr. Secretary for the minutes and to those that came, it's always great to see y'all Very Happy

I'm looking forward to meeting others, both new and old faces, in the future meetings Very Happy
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:31 pm
muttfishr

Ya, me three, thanks for postin the minutes, GOOD work on the "you gotta be there" for the inside info, too bad ya'all didn't get to wet a line, did ya pop open a few brews anyhow? Keep at it. if and when I can I'll make it to one, maybe in may, hows my chances of scoring a hali? its been too many years since I've nailed one!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:54 pm
la mosca

Thanks for posting the minutes of the meeting. Nice seeing you all there. Got there a little late, but got the good intel! Looking forward to the next meeting.

muttfishr wrote:
Ya, me three, thanks for postin the minutes, GOOD work on the "you gotta be there" for the inside info, too bad ya'all didn't get to wet a line, did ya pop open a few brews anyhow? Keep at it. if and when I can I'll make it to one, maybe in may, hows my chances of scoring a hali? its been too many years since I've nailed one!

Mutt: Like everything else, from my own experience and what I have seen, there are certain areas that produce more than others from the surf. Most that I have heard have pulled them up via lures, specifically swimbaits and/or hair razors. There are some that use bait, but I don't know about their catch rates. I have seen a guy in a farmer john, in waist to chest deep waters casting his swimbait, he did walk away with a 25" hali. I also didn't ask him how long he had been at it that day. Could have been 1hr to 8hrs, don't know. They are there. If you come, just let me know and we can hit the surf together.

~ D.

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
Page 3 of 13  Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to: