pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> how to transport salmon for smoking? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:53 pm
kippyd

Thanks so much for the instructions on how to smoke salmon! I assume the fillets are left in the smoker overnight, right? Now, what's the best way to transport salmon home from British Columbia (frozen whole or fillets?) We're flying there this summer?
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:01 pm
IRPescador

I would think vacuum packed it's is probably best.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:19 pm
muttfishr

If you fish a guided lodge ect. they will fillet, vacuum pac, and freeze it for ya, if you buy it at a fresh fish market? I have no idea...mutt.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:47 pm
jgy

I did the same thing you did last year in June. Three of us caught our limits in a day and ended up buying a vacuum packer at wal-mart. I fileted them, froze them, then packed them in three separate coolers which we sealed with duct tape. The airlines wouldn't allow any type of ice.

We must have been doing something right because there were dozens of others that were doing the same thing when we arrived at the airport. No problems going through customs at SFO. I asked about people having any problems bringing fish back and the flight attendant told me if they give you problems, just offer then a filet and they'll leave you alone (not sure if she was kidding or not, but she sounded serious).
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: