pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Indian-style fish [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:59 pm
Reaxion

Just thought I would add my new recipe to the boards. This recipe will work with just about any fish. I have had it on a number of different fish but my personal favorites so far have been cabezone and halibut. Here it is

In a large bowl combine

1/2 cup milk
juice from 1 medium/large lemon
1 Tbsp. ground ginger
1 Tbsp. cumin powder
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. curry powder
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper

wisk this mixture thoroughly in a large bowl and then lay your choice of fish into the bowl. cover your fish with the marinade and set the bowl with the fish in it out on the countertop for 30 min. to marinade at room temp.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grap a medium casserole dish, or whatever size you need to fit your fish in it, and line it with tin foil for easy cleanup. I like to spray the tin foil with a little PAM just to make sure the fish will not stick. Bake your fish for about 20 min. or until fully cooked. Garnish with some chopped scallions or green onions and there you have it.

This recipe makes enough marinade for about 2-3 medium, fillets. Try it out and let me know what you think.......*Ryan*
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:01 pm
Reaxion

Also want to add that the cooking time will vary depending on how done you like your fish. My wife likes her fish and any meats for that matter to be very very done. So keep an eye on your fish and take it out of the oven when it is done enough for your likeing.......*Ryan*
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:25 pm
muttfishr

that sounds delishious! do you bake the fish in the marinade? or dump it beforehand?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:56 pm
Reaxion

No I don't bake it in the marinade. The milk makes the merinade thick enough that enough of it will stick to the outside of the fish when you transfer it from the bowl to the baking dish...... This recipe also works great with chicken too. And thank you for the comment.... Ryan
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:03 pm
slowriprun

Looks good Reaxion!!!
Being married to a south Indain, living in a home with 2 generations of south indians and having spent a lot of time in south Asia, I eat "indian" food at least 4 days a week. Adding a little quality yogurt, using peeled fresh garlic and adding diced fresh cilantro at the end of the cooking is good too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:07 pm
Reaxion

slowriprun wrote:
Looks good Reaxion!!!
Being married to a south Indain, living in a home with 2 generations of south indians and having spent a lot of time in south Asia, I eat "indian" food at least 4 days a week. Adding a little quality yogurt, using peeled fresh garlic and adding diced fresh cilantro at the end of the cooking is good too.

Hmm I just might have to try it with some unflavored yogurt next time. Thanks for the tip......*Ryan*
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: